The Dental Nurse’s Guide to your Perfect Smile
DO’s & DON’Ts
- Avoid foods which are too hard, crunchy, sticky, or chewy.
- No one wants to see your lunch after you munch so keep your brace clean.
- Avoid biting and tearing food. Cut food up as much as possible and take smaller mouthfuls. This helps put less stress on your brace.
- Avoid sweets & chewing gum. These are a definite NO! NO!
- Fancy a snack? Keep it sugar and fizzy free.
- BAD FOODS for braces are crusty breads, French stick, corn on the cob, ribs, steak, crunchy potatoes, pizza crusts, peanuts, crunchy cereals etc
- Feel like a sweet treat? Remember one a day keeps the dentist at bay!
- GOOD FOODS include soft bread and rolls, pasta, soft meat, flaky fish, minced meat and eggs. Also soups, chip shop chips, soft vegetables and potatoes.
We do not want this to be you!